To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, September 19, 2008

It will crest tonight.

A week ago it started raining on Thursday and didn't stop until Sunday evening. Crazy! We live 1234 miles from the Gulf and the hurricanes still manage to dump on us. Still, I love the rain and it does make for some interesting walks along the river. JV and I went to investigate on Wednesday evening and we weren't disappointed. The river will be cresting tonight so I'm heading back down.

This is the path I always (usually) walk along the river. At one point I walked down the sidewalk into the water to take pictures and I'll be darned if a fish didn't swim by, on the sidewalk.

The stairs to nowhere?

A sign at the top of the boardwalk said, "Closed for the season. Come back next year to enjoy the water." Ha! Will the water still be there in the spring and what if I want to enjoy it now?

You could wonder why I love to walk along the river, but I'm hoping you're getting an idea in spite of the flooding. I love my city.

Take a look at the Sycamore Tree and tell me what's wrong with this picture? It's clever, but easily explained.

The dam is a popular place to fish and to watch the fisherman. Dim lighting made for great water shots. I love the reflection and how the water looks so calm and serene above the dam, but the water is boiling and churning as it goes over.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great shots! The amount of water makes for fantastic scenes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete