To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm feeling sick today.

But not because I'm truly sick. Crazy, but I'm feeling empathy for my very very sick kitty. He had surgery on his mouth yesterday. Tim is 14 so the vet put him under with gas and when I retrieved him last night he was still stumbling around like a drunk man. I meant to carry him downstairs to use the litter box, but he started moving and did this crazy side-stepping weave all the way down the stairs with me scrambling to catch up in case he fell. Not sure how he made it without tumbling, but I think it's because he just kept his feet moving. Poor kitty.....
For a while he lay splayed out in the living room, the tip of his chin barely touching the floor, eyes glazed and half closed, looking absolutely miserable. I kept checking to see if he was breathing.

Later, he tried to jump up on the couch with me - he didn't make it. He got his front paws up, but sort of rolled sideways and fell on the floor. Geez! I felt like the meanest pet companion ever. I picked him up and snuggled him next to me. He slept for a couple hours and I didn't dare move - I didn't want to wake him.
Anyway, I suppose I'm thinking how I would feel if I were him and now I feel sick. Serves me right! Mean ole pet companion.......
He's better this morning, but he's got a few days before he starts to feel chipper again.

1 comment: