To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beads and Baubles

She's downstairs playing with these:

While he's upstairs playing with this:

The wooden beads are kept in a basket just inside my craft room and Miss M entertains herself quite often with them while I'm working on projects. She strings and stacks and sorts and piles and inspects while carrying on conversations with me about the different beads It's not about playing a game or doing anything organized, it's all about the beads.

As for the marble board, it was handmade by my grandfather when my mother was still a child. There were many evenings spent 'round my grandparents kitchen table while we played marbles. Grandma was always yellow, Grandpa was red and I always tried to be blue. Sir S doesn't play marbles - he just likes to cover the board. I need to teach him how to play. I wonder if he understands that the board was made by his great great grandfather? He likes knowing that sort of thing.

1 comment:

  1. I have a marble board just like that! My husband made it for me for Christmas a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete