To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Knitter's Heaven

I'm not a knitter by any stretch of the truth. I knit poorly at best. I know it's lack of experience and a matter of being self taught, but being unable to find the rhythm, I've been so ridiculously clumsy at it! But I want to be a knitter for the peace I'm sure it could add to my life. How could I not be peaceful when I'm creating something that takes over my soul?
I found out that Cat Bordhi was going to be at City Knitting last night for a talk and book signing and I thought, "why not?" and why would I miss a chance to learn something from one of the best? Look what I bought!

Cat is wonderful and she uses stories to help you understand the steps. Needless to say I bought more needles and Manos yarn and sat next to Cat for about 45 minutes while she talked me (and others) through casting on and making my first few rows. It was wonderful and I'm pretty sure I melded into her aura. It was so.....peaceful. I knew it, I just knew it would be. I went home and continued knitting while snuggled in bed all relaxed and cozy. (Except for the part where my cat thought I brought these items home as toys for him.) And just to be sure I really knew what I was doing I took it all apart and did it again.

I'm in knitter's heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to go there with you. And someone to teach us to knit, what joy. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete