To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Are you a Taker or a Leaver?

Eight fabulous days in my favorite place, Grand Marais. I feel absolutely refreshed!
While on vacation my 10 y/o grandson noticed an odd behavior of mine that I needed to explain. Whenever I'm hiking or at the beach I tend to leave my 'mark' in the form of stacked rocks or driftwood decorated with some of my beach finds as a small token of my gratitude and thanks for the beauty I find in the world. I explained to Sir K that you're either a Leaver, meaning you create clever things for people to find, or you're a Taker and you knock down or take what others have created. He liked the concept and spent the week creating fun 'Leaves' with me. It didn't take long for the entire family to join in the spirit of being Leavers. Since we went to the U.P. primarily to be Takers - we collect agates - we thought it fitting to create an incredible Leave as compensation. Having discovered a beautiful cove where we played for two days we decided this would be the ideal place for our Leave. Each member of the group (8) contributed something to the effort:

Our Take:

Our Leave:

Our very fitting family motto as we do love a good story!

No comments:

Post a Comment