To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, March 4, 2013

A little something different.

A couple years ago I stayed in a rustic cabin for New Years Eve. There was no power and the only lighting at night came from several tea lights burning on the table. To keep from leaving burn marks in the wood, I placed the candles inside clam shells I had picked up earlier on the beach. I thought they looked sweet and quaint, and the image has been tucked in the back of my mind ever since. The other day as I wandered about the house, cleaning this, rearranging that, I started thinking about those candle holders again and thought something similar might work in my bathroom. I still have a small basket of shells left from making this wreath a while back and I found what I needed as I was digging through it.
It's quite simple. One very rustic looking shell glued with E-6000 to the top of  another piece of shell that had been worn smooth from the waves. I just made sure it sat level before I glued it. Very simple and now I have a little something different made from something dear to me. Yea, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment