To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Long time in the making

Snow days are fabulous for lists. I started this wreath a while ago and it's been stuck on my list for weeks now. I finally was able to finish it this weekend (along with all my Christmas sewing and baking.) All of these shells were collected in the 90's and came from both oceans and the Gulf of Mexico, and maybe a clam shell or two from a river or lake in Michigan. I love beach combing and collecting shells and such, but what was I supposed to do with them once I got them home? I've kept them in a basket which was later relegated to the basement when I moved, but I really wanted them displayed somehow. I bought the press board (?) wreath from the craft store and hot glued all the shells to it until I couldn't see the backing any more. Now it's hanging in the bathroom. Cliche, I know, but I'm so not hanging it in the kitchen.

Seriously, it's a great way to get all the shells out of the basement and on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment