To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh, so that's a blizzard!

Lots of snow, lots of wind, below 0 degrees - I get it. The blizzard started early Friday morning gave us a break on Saturday and hit hard again on Sunday. Seriously though, I stayed home all weekend so it wasn't so bad for me. And, someone had graciously plowed my driveway on Friday. I went out to shovel and it was plowed. I have no idea who did it, but I love them! What a treat that was. I figure they saved me about 4 hours of shoveling.
Once the wind died down Sunday evening I ventured out to try to shovel the driveway again. While I was digging out of drifts up to my thighs I heard people laughing and looked down the street to see this:
Of course I made them stop so I could get pictures. What fun they were having and what a great use of the roads since they weren't fit to travel on. I like the guy wearing a Santa hat. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment