To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Breakfast, lunch and dinner


For me, there is no more delicious pancake than buckwheat. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved them, but never, ever have I had them taste this delicious. I bought buckwheat flour at the Farmer's Market last year and I'm sad to say I left it in the freezer all this time. A couple weeks ago, our local newspaper ran an article about The Jennings Bros. farm, a farm which stone grinds flour from grains they have grown. "That sounds familiar," I thought, and went straight to the freezer to peek at my flour label. Sure enough, same company. In the article was a recipe for buckwheat pancakes. My experience tells me that if you get a recipe direct from a company it will be the best showcase of their product. Oh, yes. Showcase indeed! There is a different texture to the batter, almost a resilience when stirring. The batter comes back to itself and perhaps that's what happens when you use good flour. I don't know. I just know I'm eating buckwheat pancakes every day until the flour is gone. Breakfast is at 7 if you're interested in joining me.



I'm sure you can buy the flour direct from them, but I'm going back to the market to buy more, lucky me.

1 comment: