To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, November 24, 2008

I could live in a house like this.


This Christmas cactus was salvaged from someone's trash and it thrives on my neglect. I've had it for about 10 years and I have no idea how to take care of it, but it seems to like that I abuse it. Good, I like maintenance free plants. That's not my point of the post though. The real point is that I love, Love LOVE the colors in the cactus. If my house could look as beautiful..... Every year I'm amazed at the colors and the textures that seem to burst out of nowhere, the way the light transforms it into something unbelievably stunning, the way it blooms so beautifully just when the whole of my outside world has been put to sleep. It's my gift for rescuing it from the trash. It loves me, I just know it!

2 comments:

  1. My mom had one of those when I was growing up and her same neglect produced some beautiful colors, maybe I should look into getting one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous flowers, gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete