To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

All things Taiwan

Yesterday, when I arrived home from work, I found a postcard from Alex in the mail. It was written 1 week after I left him in Taiwan. Oh, man! I read it, I cried, I hugged it and lovingly put it up on the back of the door in the hall with his other notes and the various pictures I want to look at frequently. Every time I walked by the note I read it and got a bit teary eyed. I had sent him an email during the day with an explanation for the Blinders Off post so that was weighing heavy on my mind as well as his note. Eventually, I was feeling overwhelmed and set about brewing a cup of tea. I grabbed the postcard off the door and sat down on the couch with my tea only to realize that everything in front of me was purchased in Taiwan, with Alex. Some of the pieces are exactly what he has in his home (my way of touching him from a distance). Postcard in hand I sipped my tea while reading the card over and over....and cried my heart out. Sometimes it's good to cry just to keep the heart from bursting. I feel better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment