To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Making plans.

Picked up a backpack today. Not for me, because I already have a beauty of my own. No, this one I'm borrowing because I'm taking a Little for a 3 day trip on the North Country Trail with a return loop on the Manistee River Trail. Both of us are beyond excited. We have much planning to do and we've only got one short month to get ready. 

My goal is for us to go minimalist with only the absolute necessities because I don't want the boy weighted down on his first trip out. We'll see if we can pull this off. One of my V.I.P.s once told me to put everything I thought I needed to bring into a pile....and eliminate half of it....then halve it again. Smart guy. Plus, I've camped enough to know that I can generally leave most items at home because, honestly, I have yet to take a trip where I've used everything I brought. Even this past weekend I managed to fit all my gear except for my tent and sleeping bag into a regular size milk crate and I still didn't use everything.

This is gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment