To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Griffin

May I proudly introduce to you the newest addition to my extended family. This, is Griffin and it turns out he is a she. Will you look at that sweetness?
No, she isn't mine, I'm not ready yet. People ask me if I miss having a cat and I can honestly tell them no, I don't miss having a cat, I miss having Tim.

But this pretty little girl belongs to F.Y.S. and Jewleigh. She's about 7 weeks old and is she ever a tiny little bug. I'm used to having a 15 pound cat, but when I put her on my kitchen scale (yes, I did) it registered a whopping 1# 6oz. She's so tiny she fits in the palm of one hand. 

She's beautiful with peculiar markings that I hadn't seen in a cat before. The pads of each of her paws are black, her nose is rimmed in black and so are her lips, and yet when I look those features up online they don't appear to be all that uncommon. Her coloring is similar to Tim's and I swooned the moment I saw her. My gosh... She also has this sweet little way of snuggling up to you and leaning her head back against you while she naps.

F.Y.S. wants to know why play time is 5 a.m. Apparently she attacked the sheets for about an hour before climbing into the bedroom window. He sent me a text that said, "she has a schedule of about an hour of exploring, an hour of attacking everything in site and then an hour nap. Rinse and repeat." Ha...welcome to the world of cats honey. And welcome to our family Griffin. You'll be much loved and adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment