To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Got it!

So, I was out walking in the woods. I know, big surprise, right? And I had my camera with me, another big surprise, when I heard a strange bird call in the big tree in front of me. The bird was quite high up and I spent about 10 minutes trying to get a good shot. I could see that it had an orange belly and I remember thinking, "if this turns out to be a damned Robin..." It wasn't until I looked at the pictures on my computer that I realized I had a male and female Baltimore Oriole. Sweet!
I know, it's blurry, but I really like this picture.
I have no idea what these are, but they're probably 5 feet across and there are many of them dumped in the woods at the park. They make for interesting photo ops, but seriously, they don't belong dumped in the woods.
Hello pretty Goldfinch.
And this, my dear, is called Golden Alexanders and now you know why I posted it.
The boy? Oh, once again he ended up with Grandma wounds. I said, "hey, S, why don't you leap over that log across the path and I'll try to get a picture of you jumping." You can see he went for it, but upon landing on the other side, which happens to be a path with a downhill slope, he slipped on the leaves and bashed his knee on another log. ~grins~ Someday he's going to stop trusting me with all my crazy suggestions. I hope not too soon though because we get some very interesting shots this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment