To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I went for a walk...

on the premise that I would forage some free food. I love free food. I wasn't disappointed. The sights were pretty darned good too.
Whenever I need a quick, simple walk, I head for the creek and this bridge. It's always a peaceful refuge in the middle of the city, but I was also sure the path would provide me with an abundance of summer fruit.
Just a few puddles left from the torrential rains on Monday.
I see you lookin' at me.
My goal was wild red raspberries, but they were well protected by these vicious, vicious things. I brushed up against just one when reaching for the red berries. Ooooh, instant searing burn. All of the red raspberry patches seemed to have nettles mixed in. The pain was just not worth it to me. I went looking for blackberries instead.
There you are my pretties...
There you have it. Free food. I now have blackberry cordial brewing in the cupboard and I have more berries stashed in the freezer. Not bad for a couple hours of foraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment