To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Composting

I just found out I'm a criminal. Are you kidding me? Composting in my city is illegal???

Um, too bad. I refuse to stop. What are they going to do, dig up the compost area of my garden to see what I have buried there? "Hey, Mister, let me get you one of my shovels so you can turn it all over for me. It will decompose even better." Hah!

Stupid laws. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we can share a cell together;) Get THIS done, chickens next;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...Rhonda, they'll most likely need a VERY large cell. We can't possibly be the only ones composting in the city. I understand not wanting garbage strewn about our backyards, but seriously, I'm digging a hole and burying it. Silly rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Composting is a good thing to do if done right and I can't see why it would be against any regulations. But like I said before - if composting is done right...
    Now if someone composts like my neighbor does, than you would be happy if someone comes along and tells them to get rid of their compost. They just throw all their garbage and foot left overs plus mowed grass on a pile in a corner or their yard where the property fences meet. Not to make the mess to big, they put a chicken wire in front of it so it won't mess up their lawn if it rains.
    With current temperatures in the upper 90's and a 90% humidity you maybe can imagine how this literally stinks and how this compost will greatly reduce the life time of the private fence of 3 properties.

    ReplyDelete