To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boating sort of week.

I don't paddle my kayak much when the weather is in the 90's. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but really, it's hot on top of the water too and I can barely handle the heat wave as it is. Instead, I count my blessings in that I have friends with power boats, and that I live with an ocean just a few miles away. There is nothing like an evening boat ride to cool down.
This is a charming place to go for dinner on a week night and I get such a kick out of it's eclectic decor - definitely a throw-back to the 60's and 70's. During the week it's quiet, laid-back and peaceful, so unlike the chaos of a Saturday afternoon.
It's really called 'Red Dock.'
You tie your boat up to a floating dock, climb a couple steps, grab a seat and you're here. There is no indoor seating.
Oh, they mean it too. I was eating here with friends one evening, talking and having a good time, we turned around to order another beverage and everything was locked up. Closed. Not a soul in sight. ~grins~ It was sunset and they went home. We could stay as long as we liked, but we couldn't get service. How funny is that?
Another lovely evening on the water. But still, it was very warm once we got back to the slip. Can we go for another spin?

No comments:

Post a Comment