To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, July 1, 2011

African Violet

I've mentioned before about my grandmother keeping violets in the north window and how she always gave them the remainder of her nightly drink of water--and how they thrived for her. Well, it seems mine also love her cake stand.
I'm sure they feel special and pretty sitting on this stand and that's why they bloom so profusely. That, and the light, and the extra water I give them all the time. Still, I miss my grandmother.

1 comment:

  1. This sure is a nice cake stand and I can see why your lilies love it too. ;)
    I can imagine very well your are still missing your grandma and I can tell you, this is not going away ever.
    My grandma passed away many many years ago and I still have so many nice memories about her and miss her.
    Now I'm a grandma myself and I'm trying to give my grandson as much love and valuable times as I got from my grandma.
    Best Wishes
    Paula Jo

    ReplyDelete