To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This is how we roll!

You know that fun, adventure and curiosity rule the days when we go 'home'.
Um, because the tree was leaning and we had to hold it up so it wouldn't fall on the truck? I know we're not the only ones to do these shenanigans, but I swear, I have yet to witness other families doing what we do. As we were packing to leave, the neighbors came by and said they were going to miss us. haha...is that because we're funny and entertaining, or were they being facetious?
Creative and industrious, that's what this son is, especially when said son forgets to pack chairs.
It would be more fun to say that she kept wandering off and this was the only way we could keep her around, but in truth, we all climbed in this log because it was there. I have lots of pictures to prove it, but no one will let me post them. She's standing, by the way.
Of course we rerouted the river...it was going the wrong way!
Must find out where the water comes from. I heard them say they climbed to the top of the falls through the water.
Sand dunes demand that you leap forth into thin air and that you scream for bloody joy as you do so. By the way, if you look close you will see white caps on the water. We were ridiculously high up. A sign said it was only a couple minutes to the bottom, but over an hour to climb back up. This is the old log slide.
Monkey see...
He had this delightful little sing-song to his voice as he danced a jig on the platform.
Off to go exploring...again. This boy would have stayed on the beach the entire trip if we had let him.

I think you can figure these out.
This was new this year - adventuring via boat. I must say that the view from the water was incredible. I heard 'wow' at least a bajillion times as we cruised up and down the coast.
I love this. I just do. A boy and his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment