To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Timinator

F.Y.S. visits with me on Tuesdays while Jewels attends her cake decorating class. I like that. It gives me 2 hours of just the two of us and it feels so good to connect with him. Last night, we sat on the porch (seeing a pattern here?) talking while he worked on a crossword puzzle and I attempted a long-tail cast-on for a new hat I'm making my granddaughter. Tim, my fabulous companion for 15 years now, decided F.Y.S.'s and my little get together looked like so much fun that he had to be a part of it and jumped in my lap to join in. He's not very good at casting on, but as you can see, he gave it his best effort. (I didn't tell him he needed opposable thumbs to do it right.)
It's interesting to knit with a cat in the house. I can be as quiet as a mouse (ha, that might be a clue) and still he knows when I sit down to work a few rows. He shows up looking all woebegone until I move my project and pat my lap, which, in theory, gives him permission to jump up. In truth, he'll jump up regardless if I ignore him or don't move things off my lap. He seems to believe it's his lap and anything in his way is just cozy bedding put there for his own personal benefit.

A dear friend of mine nicknamed him the Timinator and it sort of stuck with me. I have to laugh because there have been times in the past when I would check my answering machine and there would be messages for my cat, from said friend, that would entail plots against me to pose a breakout for my cat. I mean really! Who plots against a cat owner to bust the cat out of the house?

This same friend and I got Tim jacked up on catnip one night and we laughed ourselves silly with his antics. Finally, when the poor thing could take no more he backed himself into the cubby underneath my desk and lay there with his eyes closed and his front paws curled beneath himself, which only caused more fits of laughter from us as we remarked on Tim's new 'kitty garage'. Um, perhaps you had to be there for that one.

Can I just add that Tim still plays a wicked game of one-eye, still hates 'the claw' and will attack it viciously (but without hurting me) and has been known to play tag with my sons when they were little.

I love the Timinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment