To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Great night for a boat ride.

You might have an idea that I love the outdoors, the woods, the water....you might be right. I like nothing better than to be outside and it doesn't matter the weather, but fabulous summer evenings beg for a sunset cruise.

I especially love the cruises in which we do nothing more than drop anchor and rock in the waves. Last night found us anchored just outside the pierheads so the captain could help a buddy clean the bottom of his sailboat.

Here we have captain C, all decked out to go for a dive. I'm so envious of all the cool gear he gets to wear! I need to learn how to dive......let's do it, Jewels.

Of course, shenanigans from the crew are a must!

This would be F.Y.s. proving (?) he could do a backflip. Honey, I give you a score of 2, but only because you actually made it over!

This is the beautiful and always charming, but sometimes goofy Jewels, F.Y.S's girlfriend of fore.v.e.r.

Come on, wouldn't you have tried this picture too?

It wasn't long before we set about the business we were there for, which was relaxing, talking, enjoying the sunset, relaxing, relaxing, relaxing......

Jewels did a bit of knitting (I knew I loved this girl).

F.Y.S. dangled his feet off the pulpit. I have a similar picture of him in the same spot from about 6 years ago.

That would be me, with my feet up. Do you get the idea I may know how to relax?

Yes, relaxed.....happy.....

and content. What a pleasant evening......

Next up? Well, this weekend will find me heading to the woods and water again for a little B&L Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment