To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A useful tip.

I haven't seen this idea on blogland so I'm sharing it myself. By now, we all know how wonderful canning jars are for freezing so many different foods and if you're like me, you write the name of the food on the lid with a Sharpie marker because Sharpies are permanent ink, right? You might be surprised to know how easy it is to erase the marker once you've used up the food 'cause really, there's no sense in throwing away a perfectly good lid just because it has writing on it if you're only using it in the freezer. All you need is a cotton ball and some alcohol....the Sharpie wipes right off and the lid is now clean and ready for more writing. Take a look:
Dirty
Clean
It's that simple. Just a couple swipes with an alcohol soaked cotton ball and the lid is free of marker.
 
You're welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I used to use Post-it notes whenever I did my canning, but I'm adopting your method pronto. Thanks, mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did NOT use sticky notes in the freezer, did you? Goof...

      Delete