To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Binoculars

We need them for looking at so many things when we're hiking in the woods. He brings them often, but the strap they came with was a pain, literally. It cut into his neck and scratched the skin whenever he turned his head. Hmmm, I had just the solution.
The fabric is leftover from a pillow I made him a couple years ago. He picked it for the strap without hesitation. That made me feel good. Guess he still likes his pillow. I cut the old strap in half and attached it to the ends of this new strap. It's a simple machine quilted piece that is much softer against his skin.

Ahh, much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment