To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The extent of my handmades.

I didn't make a lot of the gifts for this year. It just didn't fit with how I wanted to spend my days leading up to the holidays. Just a few and I'm thrilled with the results.
Sketch kits for the Littles for Christmas Eve.

Cashmere mittens for my niece. A special request from her.

A letter satchel for my nephew. He'll be overseas for a year and I wanted him to have something handmade from the heart to hold cards and letters.

Simple, easy, and lots of time for me to relax and enjoy this most wonderful of days. I feel good!

4 comments:

  1. I love them ALL...where did you get the cashmere yarn? Did you know there is a new yarn store in town? A Grand Skein on Eastern in Alger Heights...loving it;) Happy Holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda - the cashmere is actually from a thrifted sweater that I felted (fulled). I found the pattern online and knit the cuffs. I'll see if I can find the pattern and send you a link.

    Oh, I have discovered A Grand Skein and I'm loving it as well. Fortunately, it's not too convenient for me to get there or I might go broke. You know, because it's practically right across the street from Harvest Health and neither shop is cheap to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mittens: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felt-mittens-with-knitted-cuffs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you...UNFORTUNATELY, BOTH are only about 2 miles from my house and now that my MOM knows were it is at...it is DANGEROUS for us (I get groceries @ Harvest so, I was in trouble long before) as a matter of FACT, I am heading BACK over to A Grand Skein as mom wants a sock book...scary. Gotta go before they close;)

    ReplyDelete