To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Warm Enough!

It was finally warm enough to ride my bike again. Man, I love that. Let me just say, for the record, I thoroughly enjoyed this past winter with all it's bluster and snow accumulation. Gosh, it finally felt like a real winter, but now it's time for some Spring and Summer activities...like, bike riding. The trail along the river is always pretty and there's much to see when we're quiet. This time, however, several sections of the trail were under water. We ride on a levee between the river, which had completely flooded over it's banks, and the flood plain, which was getting pretty full. At one point we stopped to investigate an area where the water was a boiling mass and we couldn't tell if there was a culvert under the levee and the river was simply flowing through it to the other side, or if this was a weak point in the levee and the high water was forcing it's way underneath, which would mean we were witnessing a breach. We really couldn't be sure, but just in case, we didn't linger in that area.
It's hard to avoid the geese when they feed next to the trail. Geez, I wasn't going to mess with her baby so there was really no need for all that hissing and head bopping at me. Geese can be so mean, yeesh!
And the trail...just...ends... That's the river over the trail. It happens. I wasn't going to test the current, but someone thought he was brave enough to ride across. I laughed and told someone I would meet up with him...somewhere. haha...B got wet feet from paddling through there and the water is darn cold right now.
He turned to ride back to me and wouldn't you know but a muskrat swam across the trail in front of him and then this goose did the same thing. How often can you be riding your bike while chasing a goose through the water? Guess she didn't like being followed. She should stay off the trail then. Hmmm, maybe there is a reason for all that hissing and head bopping.
Sure signs that the winter is quite done! Love the red contrasted against the blue.
Are you riding your bike now? Do you have good trails to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment