To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Night with a Little

This Little is perfect for when I need a kid fix. His personality focuses on the right now and he thrives in one-on-one situations. He's also very attentive to the one he's with, which is really awesome because instead of me having to entertain him, we end up entertaining each other. It's awesome, I tell ya.
And he's adorable, and funny, and charming, and can spin stories like a pro. He's also very social and will strike up a conversation with complete strangers just to find out more about them. He wanted me to ask a stranger a question, but I, without thinking, wouldn't ask because I didn't care about the answer. "Fine," he said, "I'll ask." And he did. Yeah, not shy at all.
Bet you can't guess that he loves the camera...and reflections of himself acting goofy. Before we left the house he made sure I didn't forget my camera because, "you never go anywhere without your camera." He's right.
We went to the art museum mainly because they were having a talk and demonstration of Improv, but also because he loves to draw and paint. This was one of his favorite pictures because the reflection looks, "exactly, and I mean exactly," like it's real. He mentioned that there was a lot of art here. Guess he didn't quite make the connection that we were in an art museum. ~grins~ His two favorites were 3 Black Lemons and Seventeen Cats on a Ledge. Hmm...really? Cool!

I suspected he might get a kick out of the improv demo. Oh, man. Did he ever. Now he wants to go to one of the shows and we spent all of Saturday practicing our improv. It fits right in with his story telling abilities.
This was a spur of the moment ride when the groomsman offered us a free ride. Really? Okay...but I tipped him generously anyway.
Ah, yes, I love having little boys in the house again. If only for one night at a time.

5 comments:

  1. How awesome...does he ever do Saturday Mornings @ the GRAM? My Tony takes cartooning classes @ Kendall because he TOO is a drawer. Love the little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie. Sounds like a really fun night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! What fun! I especially love the one of him sitting and looking at the painting. Really cool. (and thanks for your recent comments - I responded to you on the blog - feeling much better! thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda - I'm not aware of the Saturday Mornings @ GRAM, but he's also pretty involved with soccer and hockey so that doesn't leave too many mornings free. But I'll swipe him any evening I can. ~grins~
    Susan - He is always a joy to adventure with.
    Nicola & Shannon - That's my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete