To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Entertainment



Yes, on my bike again. Exploring more of the city and finding that people are loving the heat and the fabulous weather and are really taking advantage of being outdoors. Every night of the week I find things of interest and entertainment somewhere in the city. Look at what you can do when it's hot outside.



You can admire the beautiful birds. Seriously, are they gorgeous or what?



You can express your inner artist by chalking a masterpiece or you can express your inner child by blowing bubbles. These are out all the time and available for anyone use. Isn't that a brilliant idea?



You can perfect your form at hula hooping.



You and your sweetie can show off your best dance moves to an approving audience.



Or you can dance in the fountain because it's hot, and there's water, and there's music, and you're with your best friend...



You can even roll around in the fountain...because you can.



You can pack yourself a delicious snack, grab your lounge chair and search out the best spot to watch a free concert. Actually, you can find free outdoor music every night of the week in my city. I love that.



You can lose yourself in a good book.



You can catch up on the local news.



You can dance around the flowers with your babe.



And you can take your longtime love on a romantic outdoor date in the park surrounded by all your friends from the city.

With so much to do, it's no wonder I'm never bored. No, instead, I'm always wondering how I'm ever going to experience all the fun and joy my city has to offer. Summers really are made for living!

No comments:

Post a Comment