To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not just the bike.


I've been doing other things as well. Seriously, I've been crafting and journaling and gardening and petting the cat and arting and cleaning and purging and cooking and walking and knitting and felting and reading....and sewing. Yep, it's been a very productive summer.



I needed another storage bag so I made one out of the thrifted pillowcase. I didn't realize you could squeeze so many projects out of one pillowcase, and I still have another case.



Hot summer days require headbands, don't you think?. This one isn't my style, but I wanted to practice on material that I wouldn't mind if I ruined. After trying the pattern, I can tell you that there is no way to mess up the headband. It's too darned easy and the headband is done in about 30 minutes. Oooh, I think I'll make another out of pillowcase fabric too. That's more my style.



I put more of my Taiwan fabric to use. Funny how I made all those other pincushions, but gave them all away. Why do we do that? Why do we make cool things for everyone else, but not for ourselves? I'm worth it, I'm special, and I deserve a pincushion, dog gone it!



These burp cloths were fun! Made from prefolded cloth diapers and I stitched the dinosaur fabric right onto the middle. Oh, I know, you've probably all made them before, but I only saw them recently when a friend showed me some that she had made. And then I just happened to need a baby shower gift...



My lovely swift needed a lovely bag to protect it. Recognize the pillowcase fabric, again?



It's been so hot and humid that I've been reluctant to work outside...my cellar is nice and cool...woolens needed washing...knitting needed felting...so I spent a pleasant morning in the cellar working close to the washing machine. That's where some cleaning and purging took place.



I was in need of a bag for my winter walks to hold a second camera lens and extra batteries if need be. Love this bag. It's a mobius bag from Cat Bordhi and this one has an extra pocket knit in the side. Awesome!



These, my dear friends, are Christmas presents. They are now knitted, felted, blocked, dried, packaged and ready to be given to the recipients. They're coasters and I'm delighted to have these complete in July. I'm going to have a fabulous holiday season (she said with a big grin) because my gift giving is far ahead of schedule.

I heard someone say the summer was flying by. I would graciously like to disagree because I feel as if I've accomplished so much and there are still 5 more weeks left. Oh, what fun things shall I do next?

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE been busy...AWESOME projects!!!!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! Way to be productive :)

    Very proud you've completed some Christmas presents! I need to get going myself....

    ReplyDelete