To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Feathers, Fungus, Flowers and bugs

In other words - another fabulous day spent on the water.

I left home at 4:20 a.m. to head back up to the White River on Saturday. This time there were only two of us and we were hoping to get on the water for the sunrise. It didn't happen, for a couple of reasons, but suffice to say it was cloudy enough that it didn't matter. Still, when we quietly pushed off at 7:17, we remained wrapped in a peaceful sensation of quiet and solitude that only early morning can bring. No one else was on the river.

My favorite reason for kayaking is that I can explore places along rivers where I cannot walk and it wasn't long before a bayou drew our boats away from the main channel and into its pathways for a little exploration. One oddity we found was that the bottom of the bayou looked as if someone had spread powdered magenta paint all over. Neither B nor I have ever seen it before and we have no idea what it was. My pictures don’t give a clear image, but I put them here. That said, we found plenty of opportunities to take pictures in the eight hours we spent on the river.







1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos!
    I love what you noticed along the river!

    ReplyDelete