To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Escape -


I paddle.....on rivers. I paddle to let go, to release the build-up of responsibility and frustration that can be a part of everyday life. Each time I slide my boat down the bank and into the water I can feel the beginning of release. After I've launched and gotten myself positioned comfortably in my boat I inevitably drop back from my paddling companions until they go around a bend and I lose sight of them. Then I wait, alone and in silence. I simply float, allowing the current to draw me forward as I let slip the clutter that has occupied my mind. As each thought tumbles into the water it becomes diluted and mixed in with the river and is carried downstream, away from me, and still I wait. I wait until.....there it is. That sigh of contentment that escapes my lips and tells me all is right with my world....then I dip my paddle, slowly, first one side, then the other, as push myself forward and into my paddle trip.

I hope you enjoy these snippets of nature from my last escape.



1 comment: