To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet Bear.


Bear has been in our family for 23 years. He's been to both oceans, the Gulf of Mexico and several of the Great Lakes. I believe he's been to Mexico and Canada. He's stayed in hi-rise hotels and camped in tents; he's driven in cars and flown in airplanes; he's been biking and backpacking. He's been to great cities like Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Orlando, San Diego and Boston, but his favorite place ever is the Manistee River National Forest where he camped for years with his best friend. His vest matches one that was worn by his best friend Sadly, his friend is now much too old to tote him around everywhere so Bear has been living upstairs at my house for the past few years and every once in a while, I'll go upstairs to have a little chat with him. Today, while I was showing him my newly knitted hat, he graciously agreed to model it for me. He wears it so jauntily. He's still as sweet and caring as he's always been. Thanks Bear.

And thank you, Alice, for the very cool link to the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment