To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fine! 25 random things.....

1. I am an early riser so I have time to play in the garden or putter around the house

2. Sandalwood is my favorite scent and green my favorite color

3. I talk to my home (and my cat)

4. I too know the difference between i.e. and e.g.

5. I can't drink water first thing in the morning

6. I love to swim in the middle of the night

7. I detest spending money on new and will continue to use something until it is beyond repair

8. I'm a chocolate snob

9. I bought my first kayak without ever having paddled one

10. I've buried a time capsule - but I can't remember where

11. My favorite shoes growing up were red

12. I've been to the location of my gr gr gr gr grandparents house

13. I've made butter in a churn

14. I taught myself to knit

15. Fall is my favorite season

16. I 'feel' music and it often makes me cry

17. My heart has been broken twice and my soul trampled once

18. I want to take a dogsled to the North Pole

19. I get tired of explaining my name so I sometimes tell people my name is Matilda

20. I've jumped from a railroad trestle as the train was coming - because I could

21. I sleep best during a thunderstorm

22. Blueberries are my favorite fruit, brussel sprouts my favorite vegetable

23. I loathe the expression, "have a good one." Ach, a good what? Just tell me what I'm supposed to have a good one of. Just a freakin' clue, please?

24. I think I live a charmed life because I often feel like I've just had the perfect day

25. I don't have a land line, cable or internet at home

3 comments:

  1. what's the difference between i.e. and e.g.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i.e. - clarifies what you mean, used in place of "in other words"
    e.g. - when you are going to give a specific example

    ReplyDelete
  3. i strive for #24. your list is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete