To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just a tiny headstart.

Once I get in the routine of doing something it's really hard to stop, which is how I ended up with NEXT year's Christmas Eve presents completed for the little girls. It just sort of happened that I was in Pier I and saw these great linen napkins on sale for .48. How could I resist them when I couldn't buy material for that price. As soon as I saw them I knew they would make great aprons for the young ladies. And, since the sewing machine was already set up.....

From this:


To this:

The placemats with the bamboo dowels in the first picture are being turned into fabric baskets to hold all the treasures that accumulate in my craft room. The placemats were .48 as well. Come on! How could I not? The dowels? Hmmm, Lummi Sticks?

4 comments:

  1. cool! did you use a pattern for these or just make it up as you went?

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex and i are sitting in my room looking at engagement rings and he's saying theyre too expensive.
    he's also arguing that women don't wear it after they get married. please tell him the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could care less about my wedding band. it is my engagement ring that i love and only remove if i think it is at risk of being lost of cut (pregnancy/childbirth).
    does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and it was bought at an antique store. i assure you, neither it or my wedding band (eBay, sadly) were expensive.

    ReplyDelete