To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, January 2, 2009

History in the making?

I was there! My city had it's first ever ball drop on New Years Eve. No one could (or dared to) predict how it would turn out, but it was beyond imagination for this little ole' city. K and I were actually on one of the inner rings at Rosa Parks Circle for the drop and it was packed. A light guestimate is 20,000 people. Once it was over we turned to leave and were shocked to see how many people were behind us. We knew the park was full because we could see all the people in front of us, but on turning we realized that people were shoulder to shoulder all the way back to the buildings across the street and the surrounding streets and parking lots. Cars were at a complete standstill because of the pedestrians. Wow! It was crispy cold, but full of energy and excitement. I'm so happy I was there to see it. Welcome 2009. I hope you are at least as good to me as 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment