To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

You had Megi...

 but we had this!



Oh man, it was awesome! It started Tuesday morning with drenching rain and straight line winds up to 60 mph. The winds continued into Wednesday evening so it's no wonder Lake Michigan was stirred up into such a tempest. We weren't the only ones who had to go see what she looked like because the beach was crowded with people happily braving the stinging sand and water spray, each of them enjoying Mother Nature while trying to capture images of her in one of her petulant moments. "They" said we hadn't had a storm like this since 1998, of which I have vivid memories of being transfixed in front of a plate glass window as I watched that storm move across the woods straight towards me (someone wisely suggested I step away from the window), but still, I didn't think this one was as bad. It certainly was spectacular though. If you look closely at the top photo you will see a man standing outside a door on the right side of the lighthouse, just below the catwalk. That's the place I would have liked to be watching the waves from. That and from the windows up top.

And you know what? These weren't the big ones. Those were breaking further out. Drat! Why am I not a surfer?

3 comments:

  1. These photographs are absolutely amazing. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun storm. Your photos are great.

    Thank you for the link for the Magic Loop, I will have to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete