To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lilacs

My neighbor has a very mature Lilac bush growing outside my back door. She tells me to help myself to as much as I like...so I pluck snippets...repeatedly, until they're gone.
I'm trying to write at my kitchen table with this vase in front of me, but the rich, sweet Lilac scent has invaded my senses and I've deserted my writing. My thoughts have run toward my mother and I sit here ruminating about her, again. The scent of Lilacs, Honeysuckle and Lily-of-the-Valley will do that to me.
 
I hope your day is beautiful...I think I'll go to the woods to look for wild Lily-of-the-Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment