To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Take me to the water.

I've never done well in the heat, but after this summer, I'm learning to deal with it. In past years I've foregone paddling when the temps were too high, but we've had such a long period of sustained heat this year that I would have missed all of my outdoor fun. I'm learning to push through the heat to still do what makes me happy and since being outside makes me happy, I said yes when asked to join a quick evening paddle trip last night even though the evening temp was just over 90 and the humidity was thick in the air. 

The Thornapple is a pretty river that I've paddled quite often and it's just a couple towns South.  It's not too heavily used, has a slow but steady current, it's clean and teeming with wildlife. Quite lovely actually. We put in at Irving Road and paddled a couple hours into Middleville.

 Just a couple hours, but enough to let go and feel the calm. So lovely, and floating down the river with my feet dangling over the side of my boat was very refreshing. Ahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment