To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Doing what I love!


Did a little baking.....

Found the recipe for the Pumpkin Brownies here. My gosh, if you want to try an easy and absolutely delicious brownie recipe, you must try these. I mean it, easy. There's only one problem with the brownies....they're gone! Yummm......

Finished a little knitting.....

No, this isn't Maris, but it is her hat that I promised for her birthday. Thanksgiving isn't too far past her birthday.The flower is one of the embellishments found on Ravelry, but I don't remember which one I used. The heart button came in a sewing package I received from FreeCycle. There were lots of goodies in that package.

Founds some flowers in the yard.....

How fortuitous (love that word and it must be pronounced for-tui-tous!) that I still had flowers in the yard just at the time I was wondering how pretty my vase might look with flowers.

Did a little sewing......

I picked up pillowcases for pennies at a local thrift shop and just knew they would make great bags. Love the bright colors and stripes. I especially needed something pretty in the basement to hold the bags I use when I clean the litter box. My assumption is that one needs a pretty bag holder since the job is so dirty. I'm right, aren't I? By the way, I made up the design for the bag and I'm pretty proud of my self for it.

That's what I've been up to this past week. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment