To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My favorite time of the year.

It was very early morning, but not the sunrise paddle that was planned because someone was a bit lazy and didn't get out of bed in time. The decision to sleep in was regretted on the drive down to the lake as the rising sun suddenly appeared perfectly framed atop a farm as it cleared the thick fog. Sleep is definitely overrated when you can experience nature at it's most beautiful. Unfortunately, Brent took the pictures of the sunrise and I don't have them here to post.

Still, this was the view when we launched.


At times the fog was thick and swirling across the water and then a slight breeze would kick up and the fog would clear enough to provide us with these beautiful visions.


We played around in the smaller pond for a bit before meandering our way back up the creek and into the big lake.


Oh, it turned out to be a lovely morning for a paddle. Quiet, crisp air, beautiful sounds from wildlife.

I might have learned my lesson about not sleeping in when I could be paddling rivers and lakes. Silly me.

1 comment: