To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Squash Soup with Quinoa

Delicious! This is a fabulous comfort food. Quick, easy, wholesome....what more could you ask for?


Squash Soup with Quinoa

1-2 T olive oil or butter
Medium onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 c quinoa (keenwa)
Medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
32 oz. Imagine Organic Vegetable Broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion in olive oil for a few minutes until it turns translucent. (Do not brown.) Add garlic, quinoa, squash and vegetable broth. Saute a few minutes more until the squash just begins to soften. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until squash is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use a potato masher to mix everything smooth.
Hint: I use a vegetable peeler to peel the squash.

1 comment:

  1. I just made a soup with leeks. I don't like vegetable broth so use chicken. Thanks for visiting my blog--I'm looking forward to spending more time at yours

    ReplyDelete