To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 4th Weekend


We weren't going to paddle on this day, but Pickeral Lake was so calm and still in the morning. We launched and spent a few leisurely hours on the lake.

Close to shore on Pickeral Lake.

Couldn't help myself. This shot is so cliche, but I had to take it.
I'm always delighted to find Lady Slippers in the woods.

Oh, yes, the lovely Pigeon River. I am beat to hell after portaging the beaver dam and deadfalls just up from Tin Bridge.

Running the chute at the Pigeon River Bridge.

Self portrait?

Don't be deceived. The Sturgeon gets tough and I lost my hat when I rolled my boat under a sweeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment