To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What I miss...

now that I don't have littles in the house anymore. Well, one of the things I miss.
Having someone to bake for, someone who will walk in the door and say, "oooh, what smells so good? Can I have some?"
Having someone to lick the bowl. There was always a certain amount of hovering when I baked, in anticipation of that moment when I would push the bowl across the counter to eager, waiting hands and salivating mouths.
Having someone to share the treats with.

Yep, I really miss that part because as much as I love to bake, I do not like having all those tempting goodies in the house with only me to eat them. It's necessary to share delicious treats like this with someone. Necessary and fun. Thanks for sharing the best cocoa brownies with me, darlin'.

Mm hmm, they were so good, it was imperative that I send half the pan home with him. I think he was going to share with his roommate, but I'm not entirely sure. They were that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment