To Alex -

To Alex...who is far away in person, but never far from my heart. I miss you. Enjoy these snippets of everyday family life here in the states.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fabulous Find!

It's getting close, so very close. I fly out for Taiwan in 8 days. (Alex, I'm so excited to see you after more than a year I can hardly keep myself together.) I'm practically doing a jig every 5 minutes.
I've been making lists for a month now (maybe more) and slowly checking things off as I toss them into three separate piles; one for the carry-on, one for the purse/tote and one for the checked bag. I've been putting off shopping for anything new until I figured out what I really needed. Besides, shopping is not one of my favorite activities. I finally ventured out last night to try to get it all out of the way so I would have time to relax next week before my flight. One of the items on my list was a new lock for the suitcase I'm checking so I dropped in on my favorite luggage store and, lo and behold, this little bag jumped right into my hands:

How cool is this? It's a Neck Stash and I didn't even know they existed. I have a 16 hour flight from Chicago to Tokyo and I wasn't comfortable leaving my passport and other important papers in a purse if I fell asleep, but I can wear this under my clothes and no one can see it. It's a fabulous find and it's mine now, along with the new lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment